Ingrid's Day 3 Sr.Project

Ingrid Wu's Day 3 Blog

May 10 2023

Today, I spent 6.5 hours on data collection and the specific time schedule is attached at the last. 

Through my research of the day, I investigate the solubility of Ca(OH)2, as there are always some remain in the box of Ca(OH)2. Ca(OH)2 is slightly soluble. I looked up various method to increase its solubility. I researched that Ca(OH)2 can be more soluble when the temperature decrease, so I put some ice in the solution water trying to increase the solubility of it. 

My original thought about today's data collection is to run a series of test to figure out how the amount of Ca(OH)2 in 2L of water will affect the CCS process. However, I encountered some problems that the final CO2 level at the end of my trial time (30mins) is always around 200ppm, despite the fact that the concentration of the solution is different. Therefore, I decided to shorten the test time tomorrow to rerun my test with a shorter trial time to see the rate of change of Carbon dioxide level in the box with different amount of Ca(OH)2.

While I was running my test, I was also curious about whether the sensor will detect carbon dioxide level of 0ppm by any chance, so I launched this test too. However, I failed. According to my data below, the sensor seems to have a range of detecting the minimal CO2 level of 201ppm. Therefore, I couldn't test this topic unfortunately. 











Comments

Popular Posts