Ingrid's Day 10 Sr.Project

Ingrid Wu's Day 10 Blog
May 18 2023
Is Ca(OH)2 or KOH more effective in CSS process?
According to the tests I did in the previous days, Ca(OH)2 and KOH are shown to be all effective in accelerating carbon capture. Nonetheless, which one that is more effective in certain conditions is a question that I am interested in. 

Therefore, I set two tests today to check the answer for this. I used 5 grams of Ca(OH)2 and KOH, accordingly, in the box in 15 minutes and recorded the data I got:
From the data above, Ca(OH)2 with 5 grams of amount can be more effective in capturing carbon dioxide, because the difference of CO2 level is 1224ppm from 0 min to 15 min. This result could also due to the density difference of the two chemicals. Ca(OH)2 is in powder form while KOH is in pellet form. If the amount is both 5 grams, Ca(OH)2 seems to have a bigger volume, which can lead to higher effectiveness than KOH.

Total hour: 70.5h
Work hour: 6.5h




Comments

Popular Posts